Since :Joined in 2022
Qualifications/Accreditations/Appointments :- Pro Bono Legal Adviser of Baptist Lui Ming Choi Primary School (2018-now)
- Admitted as Solicitor of Hong Kong (2016)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Laws, Chinese University of Hong Kong (2013)
- Bachelor of Laws, Chinese University of Hong Kong (2012)
– Civil and Commercial Litigation
– Financial Services Regulatory and Litigation
- Advised a listed multinational corporate group on claims against its former directors for misappropriating company assets.
- Advised a large medical group on suing dentists for breach of shareholders’ agreement and employment agreements.
- Advised a private hospital on various compliance issues.
- Advised banks on enforcement proceedings and defending claims by purported third-party beneficial owners.
- Advised a bank on various compliance issues.
- Advised asset management companies on defending claims of fraudulent and unauthorized trading.
- Advised a Mainland Chinese lender on the registration and enforcement of a Mainland judgment in Hong Kong and obtaining Mareva injunction.
- Advised a listed freight forwarder on an international arbitration.
- Advised a shareholder of a listed company on defending a claim involving conspiracy to defraud.
- Advised trustees-in-bankruptcy on investigating concealment of substantial assets by the bankrupt in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised trustees-in-bankruptcy on applying for orders for sale of bankrupts’ properties.
- Advised a high-net-worth divorcee on ancillary relief proceedings involving, inter alia, shares of a logistics company.
- Advised individuals and companies on defending criminal charges involving sexual offences, industrial summonses involving personal injury, etc.
- Advised clients on contentious probate, intellectual property, tenancy and employment disputes.
SFC Regulatory and Litigation Experience
- Acted for the former Chairman of a listed company in (i) opposing SFC’s petition to wind up the listed company under Section 212 of the SFO; and (ii) defending the provisional liquidators’ claims for loss and damages caused by alleged fictitious transactions.
- Acted for the former Chairman of a listed company in defending (i) an indictment for conspiracy to defraud the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, the listed company and shareholders; and (ii) SFC disciplinary proceedings.
- Acted for an applicant in a judicial review of a decision of the Takeovers and Mergers Panel of the SFC.
- Senior Associate – So, Lung & Associates (2022 – present)
- Associate – Gallant (2019 – 2022)
- Associate – Li, Wong, Lam & W. I. Cheung (2017 – 2018)
- Associate – Ernest Li & Co. (2016 – 2017)
- Trainee Solicitor – Anthony Siu & Co. (2013 – 2015)
Communicating with any of our solicitors by email or mail does not create a solicitor-client relationship until the terms of our engagement letter has been expressly agreed. All correspondence by email or mail pursuant to this website does not constitute an advice until a solicitor-client relationship has been established and the advice is expressly communicated as such by a solicitor of this firm.