- Advised on and drafted SaaS agreements and Service Level Agreements for an award-winning AI Chatbot operator that servesfinancial institutions and multinational corporations
- Advised on a directors and shareholders’ dispute over an architecture firm and subsequent occupier’s liability/personal injuries disputes
- Handled an insurance dispute with a major insurance company involving professional misconduct and misrepresentation
- Completed a 3-month secondment at a major financial institution for Anti-Money Laundering and transaction monitoring to identify suspicious transactions
- Advised on and drafted the shareholders’ agreement for a new healthcare-sector JV in a COVID-hit market
- Led a 9-month directors’ JV dispute for a major fitness brand which successfully settled
- Advised on a summary dismissal case for a bullied employee in the Labour Tribunal which won
- Assisted with a litigation between a Malaysian bank and a major British bank involving a fraudulent transaction
- Assisted a major SOE on its potential litigation against a subsidiary’s liquidators and an affiliated company
- Assisted with a mediation concerning a dispute between a major property developer and its affiliate company/ former directors
- Reviewed ICAC statements in relation to an allegation relating to the earning of secret profits by an employee
- Assisted Man Group in drafting their documents for the first onshore systematic trend-following fund by a foreign investment company in China
- Assisted in advising a leading financial conglomerate on the proposed separation of a joint venture director and manager from a major fund-house in China
- Collaborated with counsel in seven jurisdictions to conduct due diligence and merger control filings for a major SOE’s acquisition of a Dutch conglomerate and a major Italian brand
- Assisted an American bank on its RMB632 million Loan Participation Notes issuance
- Assisted with advising an American multinational bank on their commission sharing arrangements under their global account carrier model by consulting counsel in seven countries (China, Taiwan, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & Pakistan)
- Assisted in acting for a Chinese airline on two issuances of senior guaranteed perpetual securities and USD300 million 5.5% guaranteed notes respectively
- Completed a 21-month secondment at a luxury fashion retail and brand management company
- Assisted with drafting employment contracts, separation agreements/letters, handbooks, conflict of interest questionnaires, labour tribunal bundles, and providing advice on employment law
- Drafted and reviewed commercial contracts, service level agreements, T&Cs, privacy policies, Apple policies, NDAs, and service agreements for both Mainland China and Hong Kong
- Reviewed employment contracts in Hong Kong and PRC staff handbooks across 8 subsidiary companies, working with HR directors, VPs, business units and external counsels
- Reviewed medical and dental services agreements;
- Led group-wide privacy law compliance (PIPL), training and data mapping sessions across all group companies and departments in Mainland China and Hong Kong
- Handled IT contract disputes, employee disputes, civil and criminal investigations
- Conducted investigations on a multi-million dollar commercial crime and assist in proceedings
- Assisted with providing probono legal advice to Green Dragons on setting up a legal charitable entity
- Ensured new supplier due diligence, KYC, and anti-trust compliance
- Reviewed concession, consignment, own-bought and lease agreements
- Assisted on advising on the legality of new retail trends e.g. sale of CBD, stem cell products, customer deposits etc.
Employment and Privacy
Desiree Ho is a consultant solicitor practising corporate commercial and dispute resolution law. She frequently advises on director, shareholder and employer-employee disputes. Desiree helps clients to review complex business and commercial contracts. She advises on company law, contract law, executing business strategies, and assists in employment law cases.
Desiree holds a Global Business degree and has studied at the Copenhagen Business School in Denmark. After reading law in the UK, Desiree completed her PCLL at the University of Hong Kong and completed her legal training at an international law firm in Hong Kong and Beijing respectively.
Desiree serves a wide range of clients including companies, individuals, and directors from AI companies, fintech companies, healthcare companies, entertainment and media companies, fitness brands, architecture firms, performing arts companies, artists, dancers and musicians. She is dedicated to helping her clients resolve their disputes and reach their business goals.
Desiree speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Consultant – So, Lung & Associates
- Solicitor – Liau, Ho & Chan
- Trainee Solicitor – Simmons & Simmons
Communicating with any of our solicitors by email or mail does not create a solicitor-client relationship until the terms of our engagement letter has been expressly agreed. All correspondence by email or mail pursuant to this website does not constitute an advice until a solicitor-client relationship has been established and the advice is expressly communicated as such by a solicitor of this firm.