Commercial and Corporate
Our commercial and corporate team handles a broad range of non-contentious matters on behalf of our clients. Be it ongoing advice on commercial matters, review and maintenance of corporate documentation, or professional assistance on specific business projects, we help clients to navigate the legal and compliance landscape to achieve their business goals.
Our clients come from various industry sectors with different legal and commercial priorities. Having acted for multinationals, corporations and ultra-high net worth individuals in Hong Kong, mainland China and internationally, we pride ourselves on the personal attention and all-rounded quality services rendered to our clients. In particular, we coordinate with skilled professional advisors in different areas from various jurisdictions to offer one stop legal solution for clients in a cost-effective and timely manner.
We have solid experience in advising on:
Corporate Secretarial and Compliance
Hong Kong and global regulatory requirements on companies have been tightening up in recent years resulting in more management attention to such requirements. We offer comprehensive corporate services to help our clients manage their compliance responsibility efficiently and mitigate potential risk.
Our team is led by legal professional with in-depth experience of handling a wide variety of corporate matters for over 40 years. Our clients not only benefit from working closely with our team on resolving administrative, governance and compliance issues of their companies/groups, but also enjoy the proximity to the legal expertise provided by our firm in other major service areas.
- Hong Kong private companies
- BVI companies
- Cayman Island companies
- Multi-national group with individual companies from different jurisdictions
- Ultra-high net worth individuals
For HK private companies/overseas companies registered in HK:
- company secretary
- registered office/correspondence address
- authorized signatories/authorized representatives
- Preparing and filing statutory returns
- Reviewing and advising on:-
- share capital
- legal updates on corporate governance
- Advising on on-going and ad hoc compliance or corporate governance requirements
For BVI and Cayman Companies:
- Providing administrator
- Attending to annual statutory filing including but not limited to economic substance reporting
- Liaising with registered agent/office
- Handling the KYC/periodic review by the registered agent/office
Other Corporate Services
- Company formation
- Providing nominee shareholder/director
- Maintaining and updating statutory records
- Ongoing secretarial and administrative support
- Change of company structure and/or directors/officers
- Attending to transfer of shares
- Reviewing and advising on asset protection structures
- Deregistration, Liquidation and Winding-up
** For service(s) not listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The team is led by Mr. Robert CHAN (Partner), who has over 40 years of experience and proven track record in wide array of commercial and corporate matters both within Hong Kong and overseas. Having served on the board of clients’ companies spanning across various industry as well as on the enforcer committees of asset protection structures, he advises clients on all aspects of corporate, commercial and trust laws.